CQFnjkASXDQoy3JdJ82WwHbfXlfT2uKMI9XAj1V_poY

Bob Marley Concerts

Bob Marley & the Wailers

Madison Square Garden, NY
Sept. 20, 1980

This show combines the aud source from Chunga1/RKL and the soundboard source from Laurent.  Enjoy.

Source 1: aud > gen(x) > cdr(x) > eac > flac level 8 (asb)
Source 2: sbd > cassette(x) > cdr(x) > wav > flac level 6

set list:
t01. Intro > Natural Mystic (aud) 4:55
t02. Positive Vibration (aud) 5:02
t03. Burnin' and Lootin' (aud) 4:49
t04. Them Belly Full (aud) 4:07
t05. The Heathen (sbd) 3:54
t06. Running Away > Crazy Baldheads (sbd) 3:02
t07. Zimbabwe (sbd) 3:39
t08. Zion Train (sbd) 4:25
t09. War > (sbd) 3:54
t10. No More Trouble (sbd) 1:48
t11. I Shot the Sheriff (sbd) 4:24

t13. Jammin' (sbd) 5:22
t14. Exodus (aud) 6:32
t15. Could You Be Loved ? (aud) 5:56

Introductions

* "Greetings in the name of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie, Jah Rastafari, who liveth and
reigneth I'n'I itinually ever fearful, ever sure.
There's a Natural Mystic blowing through the air!" - Marley before "Natural Mystic"
* "Yeah! Rastaman Vibration is positive!" - Marley before "Positive Vibration"

Reviews

* second of two shows at the Madison Square Garden.
* opener for The Commodores, therefore only the first set played plus one encore song.
* guest appearance of keyboardist Ian Wynter.
* the SBD source cuts in during "Them Belly Full" and cuts out during "Could You Be Loved?" Small cuts during
"War" and "Jammin'".
* the AUD source 1 is complete, but misses some seconds from the beginning of "I Shot The Sheriff".
* the AUD source 2 has worse sound than AUD source 1.
* rare 1980 live performances of "Burnin' And Lootin'", "The Heathen", "Them Belly Full", "Running Away" and
"Crazy Baldhead".
* last known live performance of "I Shot The Sheriff".
* the sold-out MSG got almost empty after Marley's performance, although he actually opened for The Commodores.

Below Pics are from the Soundcheck at one of the Madison Square Garden shows. Photos by Adrian Boot.